GeneralIf you accidently remove mod files before disabling mod.

General information
Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
Ostdarva
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
    Windows 7 Firefox

If you accidently remove mod files before disabling mod.

Post by Ostdarva »

Hey guys, last night it was very late and I had realized that I accidentally deleted some files to my donation mod that I had on my forum and it was causing a board error. So after I calmed down after freaking out I kept playing with the files.

Here are the steps to fix your board after you have deleted/changed mod files before disabling the mod:
1. Read the board error. It will say something like 'cache' and then the file name.
Example: 'cd_654adf239489afdashlk2348' or something similar to that.
2. Log into the FTP for your boards website.
3. Navigate to your board root cache folder. In this case my boards root name is 'forum' so mine will look like this.
forum/cache
4. Find the file in the board error
Example: 'cd_654adf239489afdashlk2348'
5. Delete the cache file listed in the board error page.
6. Refresh your board!

Everything should be back to working normal. Don't forget to log into your ACP and disable/delete your extension immediately! Then reinstall it.
Hopefully this will be helpful to people new to running boards or some of you vets who were up toying with things when they should be getting some sleep!

Next time, remember to disable your mod before making file changes in the FTP!
Add me on Twitter[https://twitter.com/DarvaTV] ImageCheck me out on Twitch! [https://twitch.tv/darvatv] Image

martin
Admin
Admin
Magic user status: Online
    Linux Chrome

Re: If you accidently remove mod files before disabling mod.

Post by martin »

Simple fix is to download the ext again and upload using ftp by deleting the cache wont fix a thing as the database entry for the ext is still in place.
Use this to install an ext on your board no more ftp or path making.
Path too install this ext is ext/boardtools/upload
Download is here Make it easy for us to solve your issues

Topic Author
Ostdarva
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
    Windows 7 Firefox

Re: If you accidently remove mod files before disabling mod.

Post by Ostdarva »

martin wrote:Simple fix is to download the ext again and upload using ftp by deleting the cache wont fix a thing as the database entry for the ext is still in place.
I did try downloading and reinstalling the extension and the error still persisted. I guess the information was trying to (unsuccessfully) load into the page was created sometime after the installation.
What I did above fixed the issue for me.
Previous topicNext topic