3.1.x SnippetsOptimize SEO title

Snippets
User avatar

Topic Author
cece74
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 42
Joined: Jan 14th, '15, 17:04
    Windows 10 Chrome

Optimize SEO title

Post by cece74 »

Open overall_header.html and search tag title, replace with:

Code: Select all

<title><!-- IF UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT -->({UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT}) <!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->{L_MCP} - <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{L_UCP} - <!-- ENDIF -->{PAGE_TITLE}<!-- IF S_VIEWTOPIC --> - {FORUM_NAME}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_VIEWTOPIC or S_VIEWFORUM --> - {SITENAME}<!-- ENDIF --></title>
This avoids:
- Securities duplicates
- Improvement of the brand
- Increase positioning
Sorry for my English, I'm Italian!
User avatar

Nully
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 111
Joined: Sep 8th, '15, 10:29
    Windows 7 Firefox

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by Nully »

Did you try yourself? It seems so simple :!:
User avatar

Topic Author
cece74
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 42
Joined: Jan 14th, '15, 17:04
    Windows 10 Chrome

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by cece74 »

Yes, SEO is my job.
User avatar

Nully
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 111
Joined: Sep 8th, '15, 10:29
    Windows 7 Firefox

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by Nully »

Ok, thanks. Grazie :smile:
User avatar

uruguayito
Donator
Donator
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 123
Joined: Jul 2nd, '15, 17:40
    Windows 8.1 Chrome

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by uruguayito »

What is the exctly line to find? :???:
Sorry for my bad English. :oops:
I'm a latin american man.
Spanish is my language.
User avatar

martin
Admin
Admin
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 4777
Joined: Apr 6th, '14, 14:12
    Linux Chrome

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by martin »

cece74 wrote:Open overall_header.html and search tag title, replace with:

Code: Select all

<title><!-- IF UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT -->({UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT}) <!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->{L_MCP} - <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{L_UCP} - <!-- ENDIF -->{PAGE_TITLE}<!-- IF S_VIEWTOPIC --> - {FORUM_NAME}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_VIEWTOPIC or S_VIEWFORUM --> - {SITENAME}<!-- ENDIF --></title>
This avoids:
- Securities duplicates
- Improvement of the brand
- Increase positioning
You do know this is in 3.1.6 by default right ?
Use this to install an ext on your board no more ftp or path making.
Path too install this ext is ext/boardtools/upload
Download is here Make it easy for us to solve your issues
User avatar

martin
Admin
Admin
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 4777
Joined: Apr 6th, '14, 14:12
    Linux Chrome

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by martin »

uruguayito wrote:what is the exctly line to find? :???:
None it's already in phpbb 3.1.6
55.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar

uruguayito
Donator
Donator
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 123
Joined: Jul 2nd, '15, 17:40
    Windows 8.1 Chrome

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by uruguayito »

You're right Martin :thumbup:
User avatar

Topic Author
cece74
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 42
Joined: Jan 14th, '15, 17:04
    Windows 10 Chrome

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by cece74 »

I have not looked in 3.1.6 if they settled. Better!
User avatar

Nully
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 111
Joined: Sep 8th, '15, 10:29
    Windows 7 Firefox

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by Nully »

@cece74 Please - per favore - give details for next time(s) :roll:
Last edited by Nully on Oct 5th, '15, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Topic Author
cece74
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 42
Joined: Jan 14th, '15, 17:04
    Windows 10 Chrome

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by cece74 »

I did not understand.
User avatar

Nully
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 111
Joined: Sep 8th, '15, 10:29
    Windows 7 Firefox

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by Nully »

cece74 wrote:I did not understand.
You should have verify, before giving a code :rolling:
martin wrote:
You do know this is in 3.1.6 by default right ?
Because stupid people like me could modify overall_header without noticing they modify nothing :lol:
(Sorry for my bad english. I'm french, but I speak italian)
User avatar

Topic Author
cece74
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 42
Joined: Jan 14th, '15, 17:04
    Windows 10 Chrome

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by cece74 »

The code is not equal. Mine is optimized.

Original:

Code: Select all

<title><!-- IF UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT -->({UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT}) <!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF not S_VIEWTOPIC and not S_VIEWFORUM -->{SITENAME} - <!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->{L_MCP} - <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{L_UCP} - <!-- ENDIF -->{PAGE_TITLE}<!-- IF S_VIEWTOPIC or S_VIEWFORUM --> - {SITENAME}<!-- ENDIF --></title>
My code:

Code: Select all

<title><!-- IF UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT -->({UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT}) <!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->{L_MCP} - <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{L_UCP} - <!-- ENDIF -->{PAGE_TITLE}<!-- IF S_VIEWTOPIC --> - {FORUM_NAME}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_VIEWTOPIC or S_VIEWFORUM --> - {SITENAME}<!-- ENDIF --></title>
Last edited by cece74 on Oct 5th, '15, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Nully
Users
Users
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 111
Joined: Sep 8th, '15, 10:29
    Windows 7 Firefox

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by Nully »

Ok, sorry.
You see, I'm a perfect example of stupid people :oops:
As Martin said it is already in version 3.1.6
You do know this is in 3.1.6 by default right ?
I did not check everything :smile:
User avatar

martin
Admin
Admin
Magic user status: Offline
Posts: 4777
Joined: Apr 6th, '14, 14:12
    Linux Chrome

Re: Optimize SEO title

Post by martin »

cece74 wrote:The code is not equal. Mine is optimized.

Original:

Code: Select all

<title><!-- IF UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT -->({UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT}) <!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF not S_VIEWTOPIC and not S_VIEWFORUM -->{SITENAME} - <!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->{L_MCP} - <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{L_UCP} - <!-- ENDIF -->{PAGE_TITLE}<!-- IF S_VIEWTOPIC or S_VIEWFORUM --> - {SITENAME}<!-- ENDIF --></title>
My code:

Code: Select all

<title><!-- IF UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT -->({UNREAD_NOTIFICATIONS_COUNT}) <!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->{L_MCP} - <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{L_UCP} - <!-- ENDIF -->{PAGE_TITLE}<!-- IF S_VIEWTOPIC --> - {FORUM_NAME}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_VIEWTOPIC or S_VIEWFORUM --> - {SITENAME}<!-- ENDIF --></title>

Mine is optimized. ??

same code just in another order.